Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our very busy, fast-paced IT Infrastructure department. You will assist in supporting business critical IT systems and implement new Infrastructure projects across our UK and European operations. The successful candidate will provide support to the 1st & 2nd line functions of the IT Infrastructure Team in addition to project activities.
This role requires strong experience with VMware, Microsoft Windows Server (2012/16/19), Active Directory, Enterprise Wintel technologies and experience with the Microsoft Azure platform. As well as providing day-to-day 3rd and 4th line support for business critical applications, you will also have a good all-round understanding of back-office infrastructure, with strong practical experience in managing, monitoring and maintaining a large, UK & European dispersed server estate.
You must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and will be equally comfortable interacting with non-technical people working as part of a high-performing team. You will need to demonstrate an attention to detail, commitment and flexibility in your approach to your work.
- VMware ESXi v6.7/7.0, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012-2019
- Experience administering the O365 Microsoft stack
- Have extensive Microsoft OS Platform and Active Directory support experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure as well as mail hygiene solutions such as Mimecast
- Experience of managing a mixture of physical, virtual/cloud and hybrid datacentre environments, along with experience of managing DR environments and managing failover DR environments, as well as substantial experience of troubleshooting and problem solving
- Windows patch management
- Knowledge of end point security/protection/encryption
- Good working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Experience of producing detailed documentation
- Accustomed to working within the ITIL framework of Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management.
- Accustomed to working within an ISO 27001 accredited organisation
The successful candidate will:
- Actively contribute to continuous application and process improvement through product and documentation review, process refinement and systems configuration and implementation
- Handle, prioritise and effectively respond to a wide variety of user request encompassing issues including laptops, networks, backups, servers and software
- Contribute to service improvement through the monitoring and tracking of case closure to ensure service level agreement is met in the majority of cases.
- Support the implementation of new technologies, solutions and services, in line with current industry standards and business strategy
- Providing 3rd and 4th line support of Physical and Virtual Windows Servers and associated Wintel back office infrastructure e.g. AD, DFS, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, WDS, WSUS.
- Ongoing maintenance of standards and processes relating to Systems Engineering's services. Proactive scheduled maintenance, BCP, DR and capacity planning.
- Provide subject knowledge expertise to the team, ensuring solutions are implemented to the highest standards and in accordance with Apogee’s policies and procedures
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status and VMWare certified professional
The ideal candidate will have awareness/experience in the following:
- Veeam Backup Technologies
- Linux Technologies
- PKI Certificate infrastructure
- Avaya telephony platforms
- An understanding of HPE enterprise architectures around compute & storage (Simplivity Hyperconverged Platform)
- Experience of supporting Aruba Infrastructure – switches and access points