As Product Manager (PM), you will be responsible for maximising the growth and profitability of a product portfolio in a sustainable way. You will manage a portfolio of products ensuring that they meet the current and future market needs. Driving innovation you will manage the implementation of new products and services within your category, ensuring they are aligned to the business strategy and communicated effectively to all key stakeholders.
As part of the role, you will propose new product development, undertake feasibility studies and lead the definition of new product marketing mix. Work closely with the various departments across the organisation to ensure new product/service launches are delivered on target, whilst managing existing products/services and providing ongoing support to our sales teams. This will include a close working relationship with our Sales team, Product Trainer and Marketing team so some travel will be a necessity.
You will monitor market developments and identify business opportunities and threats for an assigned product portfolio.
- Responsible for developing and executing, marketing plans, campaigns and development of new and existing channels to market for a given portfolio of products and services.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for the current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Identify new or improved features and functionality through partner relationships.
- Maintain a close liaison with the sales team to assess the response to and suitability of current portfolio and marketing materials.
- Development and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working cross-functionally with key stakeholders to deliver on time
- Become the ‘go to person’ for all product info and queries
- Manage and maintain an internal product library and other key sources
- Provide analysis and insights on competitive landscape and market status to drive necessary actions
- Assist Marketing with campaign launches and go to market collateral
- Develop toolkits and initiatives alongside Marketing and Product Trainer for maximum impact and results
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Marketing/Product Management environment in essential
- CIM accreditation or business related Degree or similar qualification is desirable
- High levels of expertise in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Confident, engaging character being able to work with and influence people at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to build relationships, present and communicate at all levels in the business
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience managing deadlines/dates/products/events