PDI Workshop Engineer
The role involves building and testing photocopiers and printers prior to the delivery to client’s premises. As a PDI Workshop Engineer you will be responsible for the “Pre Delivery Inspection” of photocopiers and printers which entails completing the build and configuration of the devices to the required specification to suit business and client demands.
This is a production based environment that can be fast paced at times and the candidate would require a good level of physical fitness and also have a good level of technical knowledge.
- Unboxing and assembly of devices.
- Fitting peripherals.
- Upgrading firmware.
- Initialising and Calibration.
- Setting up date/time/location.
- Applying required Apogee & manufacturers settings.
- Testing functionality of device and peripherals installed.
- Configuring devices as per client’s requirements.
- Re boxing/preparing device for transportation.
- Completing paperwork and updating the various department software platforms.
- Ensuring workshop housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety policies and safe working practices are followed.
- Undertaking any other duties as and when required and directed.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel and Word and have a good level of computer skills.
- Hands on, level headed and pragmatic.
- Good Levels of communication.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Attention to detail.
- Quality and accuracy.