Finance Business Partner
Reporting into the Head of FP&A, the Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the production of financial and non-financial information.
Providing insight into the organisation’s performance including variance analysis, budgeting & forecasting for operations and support departments.
- Build strong relationships with the senior executives as well as the wider finance organisation and operating team
- Adhere to tight reporting deadlines – HP require full accounts by day 2.5
- Support annual statutory audit
- Support with M&A and possible system and team integrations
- Support with new ERP implementation to ensure system is fit for purpose and growth
- Understand all business drivers and how these can be leveraged
Planning & Forecasting
- Manage and deliver annual budget and ensure strategic priorities of the business are reflected
- Manage and deliver detailed forecasts – monthly, quarterly, and rolling 12 months
- Manage and deliver Long Term Plan (5 Years)
- Act as a primary contact and sparring partner for their responsible business unit/owner
- Ensure all business owners understand their budget/forecast
- Prepare scenarios with the input from the budget owners and model impact
- Support the budget owners and ensure overall budget adherence
Reporting & Analysis
- Prepare and deliver all management reporting.
- Produce detailed, insightful, and concise business performance with variance analysis in a clear and professional format – in both UK and US GAAP.
- Provide all other ad hoc reporting and commercial analysis as required.
- Support reporting improvements required to provide ‘Total Contract Profitability’ and ‘Route To Market’ analysis. Identifying opportunities for further enhancement.
- An experienced qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience, ideally in a similar in-house role.
- Previous industry experience desirable, but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of UK & US GAAP as well as the ability to understand and interpret accounting treatments for new transactions or policy changes.
- Big picture and out the box thinker, with a strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly identify and analyse risks & impacts and able to define alternatives
- Resilient and effective communication skills, ability of communicating precisely and effectively with all internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Proven ability to support projects from beginning to completion with a 'can-do' attitude and a proven ability to contribute towards deliverables and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and able to manage multiple work-streams, to tight deadlines with numerous different sources of input.
- Ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment with regular and conflicting deadlines.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills.
The fun bit!
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- CPD Training
- Qualification Subscription
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Gym and Mobile Discounts
- Volunteering Days