The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Sustainability and Business Assurance to deliver the strategic objectives of Apogee Corporation relating to quality assurance and customer satisfaction, health, safety and wellbeing, sustainability and business continuity. Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence with a clear focus on brand reputation and assurance throughout the value chain of the organisation.
This is a national role covering all Apogee locations, which includes all UK Based Business Functions, Outsourced Document Services (ODS), Operations in UK and Ireland, and their support functions, namely Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain, Fleet and Transport, Property and Facilities, Talent Development, Customer Experience, Information Technology, Sales and Bids to ensure the objectives of the organisation are achieved.
- Promote QHSE best practices, awareness and performance improvement throughout the organisation
- Manage the policies and procedures of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and their application throughout the organisation
- Oversee the quality assurance process, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for products and services.
- Support the customer experience team to review client and user feedback with the view to improving customer satisfaction
- Ensure investigations and root-cause analysis are conducted for nonconformities associated with quality assurance and customer satisfaction, accidents and incidents.
- Ensure all compliance registers such as the legal compliance, risk and opportunities registers are maintained and updated at all times
- Support stakeholders of the business with risk assessments and implementation of required controls.
- Provide Safety support and advice to key functions and departments of the business
- Conduct compliance audits in accordance with both ISO and Apogee Corporation’s requirements
- Identify training and development needs for controlled activities of the IMS and design an upskilling programme to maintain the required knowledge and skills for all controlled activities.
- Manage the Integrated Management System and all associated requirements such recertification and surveillance audits
- Assist Bids and Sales with QHSE information required for tenders.
- Support key departments and functions with QHSE information required by clients
- Highly organised and motivated professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence, persuade and communicate with people at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders like auditors and regulators.
- At least five years’ experience in QHSE management or a similar role within business assurance
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline e.g. Business Management or Risk Management
- Possession of professional qualifications in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance is essential.
- Membership of at least two relevant professional bodies from the following: IEMA, IOSH and CQI
- IEMA practitioner or holder of a certificate in environmental management is desired
- Experience in implementing and managing an integrated management system based on the ISO framework
- Knowledge and working experience with continuous improvement methodologies
- Ability to design e-learning modules and deliver face-to-face training or coaching for internal stakeholders