Project Coordinator (Major Project Specialist)
To support the Project Manager in the delivery of assigned projects. To develop and maintain processes and tools to enable high quality, consistent project management and delivery across multiple work streams, whilst consistently achieving objectives and deadlines following Prince 2 methodology.
The Project Coordinator focuses on the support and coordination of projects within the PMO project portfolio.
This is a high profile role, both customer facing and internally, that works across the business at all levels. Internal contact will be varied and extensive given that the majority of projects are cross-functional and impact more than one department.
This role is key to supporting the Project Manager in delivering customer and internal projects.
The job description does not constitute all duties of the Project Coordinator as these may change from time to time. You must maintain a flexible attitude and consistently supporting and promote all customer services provided by the department.
- Work with the Project Manager to set up the project structure using the PMO project methodology and maintain throughout the project.
- Working with other functions of the business to organise and allocate resources.
- To produce and maintain the Project Deployment Schedule.
- To ensure all project related processes are adhered to, all internal systems data is processed and cost tracking reports are maintained.
- To prepare and circulate progress reports in order to keep key stakeholders updated on project progress.
- To provide representation for the Project Manager on project calls when he/she is unable to attend.
- To provide administration support to individual projects as required.
- To provide ad hoc support for the Project Manager as required.
- To support the wider project team in day to day duties as and when required in order to achieve project targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. PowerPoint, Project and Visio skills would be beneficial.
- High level Microsoft Excel skills highly desirable:
- Formatting - basic formatting capability and data validation, table/chart creation and editing, and conditional formatting.
- Security - ability to protect cells, workbooks and documents.
- Formulas - SUM, COUNT, COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP etc.
- Prince 2 foundation desirable but not essential for the right candidate.
- Communication and Influencing.
- Customer Service.
- Attention to Detail.
- Quality and Accuracy.
- Self-motivated/uses initiative.
- Able to work alone or part of team.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK (when required).