Onsite Service Engineer
As part of Apogee’s Managed Print Service, this role is to support and maintain devices within a specified client account across single/multiple locations. Utilising both remote monitoring software and incident management applications the Onsite Engineer will provide both first level and full Engineer break/fix service support (hardware and software).
Acting as Apogee’s front-line representative, the Onsite Engineer will work with the wider Apogee Account and Support teams to deliver benchmark levels of customer satisfaction through delivery of all contractual service levels.
- Respond to customer service requests for the repair of business equipment
- Proactively monitor all devices using Apogee or client applications for faults and consumable requirements (eg, ARMA/SDS, etc)
- Undertake fault diagnosis and establish effective repairs through adjustment, cleaning or replacement of spare parts
- Develop and implement ongoing preventative maintenance schedules in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, client and business requirements and recommendations from service management
- Report all activity (including consumable fitment) using both Apogee and client incident management systems as required
- Liaise effectively with customer contacts and Apogee Account Management team to maximise customer satisfaction and business results
- Work with colleagues to help overcome new or unusual faults. Invoke call escalation processes in a timely manner when required
- Inform the customer on the work carried out and gain acceptance to the machines condition and performance following the service work you have completed
- Carry out the hardware and network/scanning installation of equipment provided by the company and ensure the machine performs to the customers satisfaction
- Proactively provide guidance and training to clients so they can maximise the productivity of the equipment and avoid operator faults.
- Effectively manage onsite stock of spare parts and consumables
- Make full and proper use of all resource materials and equipment supplied
- Work to achieve measured performance results, identify below target performance and create action plans to address machine and customer issues.
- Manage outstanding calls/workload effectively and maximise any available time to provide ‘value-add’ services to the customer
- Identify key customers/locations and prioritise support accordingly (eg, daily floor-walk)
- Keep customers advised on any ongoing issues such as return to fit parts requirements
- Develop own skillset to increase effectiveness of the role
- Attend manufacturer/in-house training courses along with on-line training as required
- Order, deliver and replenish toner and consumables to devices*
- Order, deliver and replenish paper to all devices*
- Adherence to all Apogee and client security, vetting and data integrity requirements
- Adherence to all Apogee and client health & safety requirements
- Proven ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, both remotely and face-to-face
- Proven ability to understand technical faults and use problem solving techniques to resolve
- Experience of Apogee products, processes and support tools
- Proven knowledge and experience of basic networking, scanning and general IT
- Experience of resolving software issues
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions, and to follow procedures and processes.
- Sense of urgency when required to enable fast working to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all aspects of the role
- Ability to organise workload to ensure maximum output is achieved whilst meeting customer requirements
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work either as part of an effective team or unsupervised
- Results oriented with an excellent record of success
- Able to logically examine and interpret information from different sources to develop a course of action