IT Service Desk Technician
As part of our fast paced and dynamic Helpdesk team, the role of Helpdesk Technician aims to resolve printing, network and services issues remotely.
Additionally you will be involved in the triage of Laptop & PC break fix hardware support, delivering an efficient and effective customer service to our clients, focused on exceeding expectations.
- Using remote access software to assist our clients in resolving printing related queries (print, scan, fax, colour queries and network related issues), in addition to providing remote break fix triage of laptop & desktop PC support in line with Apogee’s Managed IT Services offering.
- Problem diagnosis & fault resolution.
- Timely communication with clients, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Investigate connection issues and concerns on ARMA (Apogee Remote Management Application) for both Printing, and PC issues directly with our clients.
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels.
- Understanding of basic network terminology, e.g, network routing, IP addressing, basic DNS
- Understanding basic hardware fault finding for laptop and desktop issues
- Understanding of key protocols e.g. SMTP,SNMP,DNS,IPV4, Bonjour, SMB
- Broad experience of managed print services and hardware
- PC and MAC experience
- Experience of a client focused helpdesk environment
- Experience in utilising remote management tools to diagnose, investigate and resolve faults/consumable consumption/diagnose predictive parts (preferred but not essential)
- Good time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to specific SLA’s, to prioritise and multitask
- Excellent communication skills & telephone manner
- Methodical with an aptitude for attention to detail
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Adaptable and flexible to changing demands