EA to CEO – Maternity Cover
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide sophisticated diary management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Executive Leadership Team. Arrange and handle all logistics for ELT meetings (weekly and monthly) and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects, designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Management of a Junior EA.
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Previous career history supporting at a senior level would be preferred, alongside an adaptable and organised approach. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and be naturally self-motivated and work well independently as well as with other Assistants.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for confidentiality, organisation and time management skills and possess high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including HP’s and Apogee‘s executives, staff, clients, partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.