Business Development Manager / Director (Germany)
We are looking for a talented Business Development Manager to support Apogee's growth plans.
The role will need someone to lead the building of a new Managed Print, Manged IT & Document Services pipeline to generate new business corporate & enterprise sized clients.
With the support of our internal lead generation you will generate and nurture new business customers, educating them on why Apogee should be their partner of choice. You will leverage our portfolio of solutions and services from our global parent company HP and other world-renowned manufacturers.
The goal is to generate appointments, weather that is face-to-face, or using digital platforms such as Zoom or Teams, you will discuss / identify specific projects and issues the customer has, which will enable Apogee help, support and guide them before they go to market.
Taking a consultative approach and using open questions to find out what technology these customers are currently using, whether it meets their needs, if there is enough differentiation to justify the change and propose successfully what we might be able to help them with in the future.
Building a new business pipeline capable of generating the required Sales to achieve budget / targets for each fiscal year, also incorporating internal Sales Incentive targets.
Candidate will also be expected to input into the marketing and lead generation strategy for it to be executed successfully.
- You will be responsible for connecting with potential new strategic and entrepreneurial business prospects across Germany
- Building and maintaining strong long-lasting relationships with key decision makers and influential figures.
- Effectively communicate Apogee’s value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Completion of the assigned tasks and projects within the given time frame
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Self-confident and positive in discussions with customers
Apogee with support you and provide
- Product, Solution, and service training
- The Apogee professional services team will support you in proposals and sales appointments
- Customer data and lead generation support
- marketing support for content and events led by the candidate
- A wide range of tools available to support you in your role (e.g. LinkedIn Sales Navigator)
- We will need an independent self-reliant who will be able to manage themselves and grow your business in your territory
- You are a communicative and strategic team player with the ability to work as an individual
- Passionate about your own learning and development
- Ideally, proven success within the Managed Print Services (MPS) market place and/or from an IT hardware/software sales background
- Leasing & Commercial acumen and the ability to maximize margins and revenue streams
- An understanding of how to create, manage and close complex deal cycles.
- The ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of an organisation.
- They have great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Experience with CRM systems and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Willing to travel to clients, DE Headquarters and occasionally internationally
- Native German