Reporting to the Head of Financial Operations, the main purpose of the role is to ensure that transactions from the bank statement are posted and allocated to the accounting system.
Monthly reconciliations are required for MPSA and Funder balances to ensure that queries are identified at the earliest opportunity, mitigating timing differences within financial records.
Monthly reporting to various parties is also required as well as supporting the FinOps team where required. Suggest improvements to processes and procedures to increase efficiencies and reduce time spent on manual tasks as well as improving accuracy and reducing errors.
- Downloading bank statements across several entities and currencies and allocation of payments and receipts
- Updating cash flow report with actuals and querying where applicable any anomalies
- Bank reconciliations
- Posting and reconciling of Intercompany transactions and balances
- Reconciling and monitoring key funder accounts including reporting to external funders including audit
- Other balance sheet & profit and loss reconciliations and nominal ledger maintenance
- Invoice processing and allocation of payments
- Credit Card reconciliation and NL postings
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements
- Production of monthly sales commission statements
- Production of various monthly reports
- Ad hoc tasks, cover and work as required
- Proactively managing workload to ensure all deadlines are met within month-end timetable.
- AAT Qualified (Not required, but advantageous)
- Well organised
- Relevant work experience within a similar industry
- Good analytical and IT skills
- Aptitude for looking into things and investigating differences
- Advanced Excel skills along with proficiency in Word
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and able to work with colleagues at varying levels
- Excellent attention to detail, and comfortable with dealing with large bodies of data