1st line Helpdesk Technician Apprentice
To provide administrative support as required
- You will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge required for Level 3 Information Communication Technician.
- We will assist you to complete a Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification.
- The primary role is to support our customers with their service requirements
- Undertake a structured development programme leading to a Level 3 IT solutions technician qualification as part of an apprenticeship
- Actively participate in your own development plan with support from your line manager / mentor
- To work under supervision to learn all aspects of a 1st line helpdesk role
- Using remote access software to assist our clients in resolving printing related queries (print, scan, fax, colour queries and network related issues), in addition to providing remote break fix triage of laptop & desktop PC support in line with Apogee’s Managed IT Services offering
- Problem diagnosis & fault resolution
- Provide assistance to the 1st line Helpdesk team, but also learning about other aspects of Apogee Corporation
- Completing all tests, presentations and other required evaluations
- Constructively take part in meetings and other events to learn communication skills
- Working with your apprenticeship learning provider, completing any assignments in a timely manner
- A knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic IT skills and the ability to learn new systems
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and be pro-active
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and able to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Reliable and good timekeeping
- Great attention to detail
The successful applicant will undertake an Apprenticeship in Level 3 Information Communication Technician to include assessment in Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours, Functional Skills in Maths and English (where applicable) and completion of an End Point Assessment.
The successful applicant will be expected to complete and document 20% off-job-training.